[Seaside] Providing REST api

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 11:52:45 UTC 2010

2010/12/28 Sebastian Sastre <sebastian at flowingconcept.com>:
> Yeah, I've also questioned that it wouldn't be REST.
> But... so what?
> What matters is to get the thing done. You can make the app seem REST
> (accidentally) just to make it more familiar to people implementing clients
> but do the think the way you know you can capitalize best.
> So, yeah right? you can have those components that render XML (or JSON).

Yeah, just override #rendererClass like RSRSS does.

> And
> that idea about preventing the redirect, I like that.

Just subclass WAActionPhaseContinuation and change #shouldRedirect to
answer false. You probably also need a custom
WARenderPhaseContinuation that does not create an HtmlRoot

> Given the chance it will be fun to play with this

The trickiest part is probably the action URLs and callbacks. You can
certainly make it work but it might require some ugly copy/paste code.
I might have time to hack something xml-based together.

Cheers
Philippe