[Seaside] running my squeak image online...

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Sat Mar 20 22:23:12 UTC 2010

Just two little comments:

1) I think that to start seaside in 8080 in Linux, you have to do it with
root access. Can you try with another port ?

2) What about running netstat or similar to be sure seaside is runing

3) Which adaptor are you using ? Kom ?

4) When you run the image normally (not headless) IN THE SAME PC it works
ok  ?  Sometimes, if you are in a server, there is no UI, so you can try
only headess. Here, is a very common problem that your image doesn't find
the .sources file. Be sure that the file is correctly placed.

5) <off-topic>  For a real application, you may want to use a PharoCore in
which you load Seaside and your app, instead of using the Dev. As you know,
the Dev is to develop. Thus, it has a lot of stuff not needed at runtime.
Even more, when deploying a PharoCore image, there are some methods you can
use to shrink the image. See for example ScriprtLoader >>
cleanUpForProduction.

6) This little link may be of help to you:
http://code.google.com/p/pharo/wiki/HowToDeployAnApplication

Good luck

Mariano