[Seaside] JMeter, Seaside, Forms

Paul DeBruicker pdebruic at gmail.com
Tue May 4 17:35:11 UTC 2010

Hi -

I'd like to use JMeter to submit some forms to Seaside 3.0, but it
relies on the ability to POST a form to a server once you've specified
the name/value pairs to submit.  When you add a callback to a form
element in Seaside it overrides any value you've set as the name of the
form element and replaces it with a whatever id results from a call to
#nextId.  If you reuse the form on different pages throughout your site
the id's for that form could change based on what else is rendered on
the page.

Is there a way to prevent seaside's normal behavior of replacing element
names and let the forms keep the names you give them?  What are the
drawbacks to doing that? Are there other things to try?  Maybe us the
form element id: rather than nextId?

Right now, it seems like changing Seaside might be easier for me than
changing the JMeter sampler every time I move stuff around on the site.
  I can ensure that the form names are unique on a page.

Thanks

Paul