[Seaside] expire path for application

Sean Allen sean at monkeysnatchbanana.com
Sun May 9 15:29:28 UTC 2010

I fixed something that sounds like the esug one in our app a while ago
but still experience something like
the situation Norbert is hitting. In my case, its Seaside 3. I wish I
had payed more attention how I fixed the
localhost issue. Will have to do digging to see if I can find the fix.

On Sun, May 9, 2010 at 10:21 AM, Julian Fitzell <julian at fitzell.ca> wrote:
> This sounds very familiar... I assume you've tried searching the archives?
> Unfortunately I don't actually recall the resolution off the top of my head.
> I wonder if this is related to the issue on the ESUG website, but it seems
> to revert to localhost:8080 when the session expires so it's even worse (but
> maybe a sign that the problem is bigger?).
> Julian
> On Sun, May 9, 2010 at 11:30 AM, Norbert Hartl <norbert at hartl.name> wrote:
>> I'm about to chase down an annyoing artifact. I have quite a usual
>> deployment where the server path in the application configuration ist set to
>> / and seaside is deployed behind an apache. Well, I'm using seaside 2.8 if
>> this is important to know.
>> The problem is that whenever a session expires the redirect url contains
>> the base path of the application. I mean the application is registered at
>> /seaside/myapp
>> When the redirect occurs I get the url
>> http://myhost/seaside/myapp/additional/path
>> instead of
>> http://myhost/additional/path
>> I think I found the cause. In
>> WAApplication>>handleExpiredRequest:
>> there is
>> url := self baseUrl path: OrderedCollection new.
>> url addToPath: (self expiryPathFor: aRequest).
>> baseUrl calls basePath and that checks the existance of a set serverPath.
>> The second call to expiryPath does not. So I get a path / from the call to
>> baseUrl but then the /seaside/myapp is copied onto while addToPath: with the
>> full path is executed. I think a
>> WARegistry>>expiryPathFor: aRequest
>>        self serverPath isNil ifFalse: [
>>                ^ aRequest url copyFrom: (self basePath size + 1) to:
>> aRequest url size].
>>        ^ aRequest url
>> will help.
>> On the other hand it could be that I'm doing something wrong. If not a lot
>> of people should discovered this already :) I'm trying to find the right
>> place where to fix the issue. Thanks for any hints
>> Norbert_______________________________________________
>> seaside mailing list
>> seaside at lists.squeakfoundation.org
>> http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/seaside
> _______________________________________________
> seaside mailing list
> seaside at lists.squeakfoundation.org
> http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/seaside

More information about the seaside mailing list