[Seaside] Re: Possible Pharo1.0 problem. No error indication while parsing and no debugging triigered on error.

Fritz Schenk intrader.intrader at gmail.com
Thu May 13 16:18:37 UTC 2010

Fritz Schenk <intrader.intrader <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Running with Seaside 3.0 on Pharo 1.0
>
> Simple rendering method with error
> <witherror>
> renderContentOn: html
> 	html heading: count.
> 	html anchor
> 		callback: [ self increase];
> 		with: '++'  "<<<<< error here - missing period"
> 	html space.
> 	html anchor
> 		callback: [self decrease];
> 		with: '--'
> </witherror>...

Thanks so much for the answers.  I need further assistance with both issues.
<parser-error-comments>
As to my claim to be a parser error, I don't see how the parser thinks that
'html space' could be a unary message following the previous 'with:'.

I am obvously missing something thing,

I think that the eCompletion feature and the parser should both know that there
is nothing else expected in the 'html anchor' clause.

Please explain further.
</parser-error-comments>
<no debugger>
I am looking at the configuration page for my 'counter' application, and I don't
wee where we can set the flag.
When the error occurs, I get the exception message displayed, but there is no
'Debug' link, and I was accustomed in previous incantations of the the IDE, I
always got at least the debugger activated in the IDE.
Something changed with Pharo 1.0 and Seaside 3.0
</no debugger>

Thanks all for the help