[Seaside] Should I become a Seasider?

Sean Allen sean at monkeysnatchbanana.com
Sat Apr 9 00:00:27 UTC 2011

Continuations have always been a minor part of seaside for me.

For me, the power of seaside is in persisted objects on the server side
that allow you to write a very minimal amount of code for querying and updating.

There is a great deal of value in learning seaside. Now, will that
help you make money
as an independent developer? I doubt it... but to say that the main
feature of Seaside
was continuations well... not for me. It isn't what drew me and it
never will be.

I suggest you watch Avi's Smalltalk Solutions talk once it goes up online as he
spends a decent amount of time talking about the strengths of Seaside as well.