[Seaside] saving an image while serving

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Mon Apr 18 09:33:37 UTC 2011

Hi guys,

Let me support Nevin claims strongly with my the same experiences with
image based persistency. Anyone just enough pragmatic and with a bit of
probability calculus can soon discover, how right Nevin is.

I know that from my experience, ok, with VisualWorks images, which
snapshot every hour. One such sole image hosts 50+ sites and in last 8
years without any loss of data. We have just few crashes (around 2-4 per
year) because of DOS attacks, and that's all.

It is true that there is 1 hour window to loose data and that we had
luck loosing nothing during those few (mostly nightly) crashes, but when
I compare that with horror stories of friends using, say MySql...

Of course such image is backup every hour, every night - just plain
usual safety measures therefore.

Best regards
Janko

--