[Seaside] task

Otto Behrens otto at finworks.biz
Tue Apr 19 13:15:30 UTC 2011

Hi,

We would like to embed a (subclass of) WATask into a site
(online.orbisfunds.com.au, running on GLASS) and we are battling to
get this task to work.

The functionality (task) we're working on will go under "invest now".
As you can see, there are quite a number of menu items. The online
investing functionality should appear under the main menu bar and
above the footer. We used announcements quite a bit to be able to call
different menu items from different links on the site (if you like,
click around and you'll get the idea). The main component is a
WANavigation that catches a "ChangeContent" event and then renders the
component received on the content section (keeping the banner, menu
and footer in tact).

We can't render a task directly, so the question is really how do we do this?

Thanks
Otto