[Seaside] Re: Handling errors - staging/production

Sebastian Sastre sebastian at flowingconcept.com
Tue May 31 19:31:41 UTC 2011

gee... it was a long ago...

I just got pissed off by not knowing where the problem was so I've simplified everything just in case.

Unsurprisingly, once redesigned, things started to work as expected.

I also remember making something similar to Coral at the time (to make more clever that script you mention). I've tried Coral but it was missing something I needed badly so I made something a lot simpler to have that solved fast.

The combination of the two things solved our problem.

So I guess your question remains and I can't tell if monit was part of the problem or not. Maybe not. Probably was the script but I think I've tried that (I can't recall that) fortunately, there is a long time since I really don't care anymore :)

The only thing that matters is that it was a fast move to redefine the problem "moving it" to a more predictable domain and it worked wonderfully (and, not surprisingly, it was using more smalltalk and less "stuff")

sebastian

o/