[Seaside] Zinc - Twitter - Streaming API - Long lived connections

Davorin Rusevljan davorin.rusevljan at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 08:20:41 UTC 2011

Hi,

I was not sure where to fire this question, but Seaside groups seemed like
the most probable place to reach people who might know the answer.

So, I might need to access Twitter streaming API. The catch is that
streaming api uses long lived HTTP connections, where twitter server over
the time pushes json encoded chunks of data, as they appear in users time
line. For that http client used (I gues Zinc), must not wait for server to
close the connection in order to return the data to the Smalltalk code, but
instead, it shoud forward it to smalltalk code as it arrives.

Can Zinc do that? (or some other HTTP Client)

Also for folks that have used STunnel and Nginx - can thay be used to tunnel
longlived http connections? (since streaming api seems only be available
from https url)

Many thanks,

Davorin Rusevljan
http://www.cloud208.com/