[Seaside] HTML generation for people who know HTML?

Johan Brichau johan at inceptive.be
Thu Jan 19 17:51:01 UTC 2012

On 19 Jan 2012, at 16:40, Lukas Renggli wrote:

> We like readable names and the auto-completer good enough to type most
> extra characters anyway.

+100

To demonstrate this to a co-developer, I once changed the implementation of a render method to use the html tag names instead of the Seaside render method names.
The html tag names are _not_ readable when used as Smalltalk method names.

The Seaside rendering methods are something that one gets used to in less than a day. Moreover, they are all implemented on the WARenderCanvas hierarchy, which makes it easy to search for a correct method when you are looking for something.

Johan