[Seaside] Re: Jquery Ajax confirm: callback problem

Paul DeBruicker pdebruic at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 17:00:07 UTC 2012

On 07/19/2012 11:22 PM, Joachim Tuchel (objektfabrik) wrote:
> Unfortunately, it doesn't work for me. It leaves me with a blank page on
> Chrome and a text-only page containing teh html of the complete page
> re-rendered.  Even if I replace the jQuery this with the concrete ID of
> my list, it doesn't work.
>
> Wouldn't a POST request reload the whole page anyways?

Sorry that didn't work.  I think Johan was right about my missing parens.

The ajax POST doesn't reload the whole page.  It just sends the info to
the server as a POST rather than GET which I'd thought was the thing to
do if you were deleting something and a DELETE wasn't a supported part
of the library.

See: http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/forms/methods.html &
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/715335/get-vs-post-in-ajax#715355

jQuery's ajax post docs are here:  http://docs.jquery.com/Post

I'll try to think of why else its not correct and get back to you.