[Seaside] How to convert a 1.4 Pharo Seaside image so that it will work with seasidehosting.st

Dale Henrichs dhenrich at vmware.com
Wed Jul 25 20:45:59 UTC 2012

Mark,

So it looks as if seasidehosting does not support the cog vm.

I seem to recall that Pharo-1.4 images only work with the cog vm (I could be wrong).

Converting a vm to a non-cog vm is not possible AFAIK.

Assuming that I'm right you would have to port your seaside app from Pharo-1.4 to Pharo-1.3 to run on seasidehosting which means that you need to export your application as Monticello packages and then load them into a Seaside30 image based on Pharo-1.3 and using a non-cog vm. (you'll probably have better luck loading Seaside30 via configurations on Pharo-1.3, too)...

OTOH, it is interesting to me that seasidehosting does not support the cog vm ... so it worth pursuing that angle just a bit.

Dale