[Seaside] Problem loading Seaside 3.0 in Pharo 1.4

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 14:45:27 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 4:34 PM, Andrés Fortier
<andres at lifia.info.unlp.edu.ar> wrote:
> Hi Philippe, thanks for the quick answer! Please bear with me, while I'm
> not new to Smalltalk, I certainly am to Pharo :). I loaded Nautilus
> using:
>
> Gofer it
> url: 'http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/Nautilus';
> package: 'ConfigurationOfNautilus';
> load.
>
> (Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfNautilus) perform: #loadRelease
>
> Should I load RPackage now?

No, here's what I believe what happened:
 - AFAIK RPackage is a dependency of Nautilus
 - you seem to have RPackage loaded (the class RPackageOrganizer is present)
 - I assume ConfigurationOfNautilus (correctly) loaded RPackage
 - however it looks like the loaded version of RPackage doesn't work
together with your version of Monticello

You can either find a version of Monticello that works with RPackage
or build a new image without RPackage. You should also contact the
maintainer of ConfigurationOfNautilus and inform him about this
incompatibility.

Cheers
Philippe