[Seaside] Grease - get image directory

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 17:25:03 UTC 2012

Am 14. März 2012 16:41 schrieb Francois Stephany <tulipe.moutarde at gmail.com>:
> On 14/03/12 01:33, Philippe Marschall wrote:
>>
>> Am 14. März 2012 05:40 schrieb Francois
>> Stephany<tulipe.moutarde at gmail.com>:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> GRPlatform has two methods: filesIn:aPathString and
>>> directoriesIn:aPathString. They return the absolute paths of the
>>> contained
>>> files.
>>>
>>> However I do not see any (portable) way to know the image directory.
>>>
>>> I think it is sometimes needed, for example:
>>> GRPlatform current directoriesIn: 'bootstrap'
>>>
>>> (where bootstrap is a directory next to my Pharo image). Gives me all the
>>> absolute path of the directories lying in<image directory>/bootstrap
>>>
>>> How can I get the relative path of these directories compared to the
>>> 'bootstrap' directory?
>>

>> Does it have to be portable?
>

> That would be great. It's actually for this:
> http://code.google.com/p/seaside/issues/detail?id=267

I don't want to sound too negative. The file support intentionally has
a very narrow focus: only what file library needs. The reason for this
is that we don't want Grease to be a portable file framework. SPort is
the place to look for if you need something like this, or maybe
filesystem.

Cheers
Philippe