[Seaside] Re: Is seaside supporting google maps API?

Nick Ager nick.ager at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 16:35:47 UTC 2012

On 2 October 2012 16:53, marten <itlists at schrievkrom.de> wrote:

> To be more correct. If I register the application via WAAdmin the
> functionality is given(show: works), but the look and feel is gone. If I
> register it via JQMAdmin the look and feel is ok, but the functionality is
> gone.

JQM preloads the page before the transition so my guess is that the
javascript map initialisation is not being called correctly. That said JQM
rewrites  html document addLoadScript: '' to initialise on page load,
resulting in the correct code for JQM" However if the map library is using
another Seaside or javascript page initialisation method that won't work
correctly under JQM. See
http://jquerymobile.seasidehosting.st/seaside/javascript/jquery-mobile/Events

If my guess is correct you'd need to find out if the map library is
initialised explicitly from within Seaside and if so use html document
addLoadScript: type initialisation. If there is no explicit initialisation
see if google supports explicit initialisation and add that to html
document addLoadScript:

Hope this helps

Nick