[Seaside] Re: twitter bootstrap update

radoslav hodnicak rh at 4096.sk
Mon Oct 15 18:21:12 UTC 2012

On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 7:54 PM, Yanni Chiu <yanni at rogers.com> wrote:

> On 15/10/12 8:07 AM, Gastón Dall' Oglio wrote:
>

>> Is anyone interested in making websites with Pier and TwitterBootstrap?
>>

> I looked at TwitterBootstrap a while back, but I was put off by the use of
> "less" for customization, and by the limited components/widgets. But,
> looking now, it looks very polished (but still uses "less").

What do you dislike about "less"? I found it pretty handy to have a css
preprocessor that allows me to separate the styling of various parts of my
webapps into different files (so that I don't have to scroll the whole day
editing one giant css file) while keeping shared/global values and have
mixins etc. I use the file watcher utility so the final css file is always
up to date as soon as I edit anything. No additional work, lots of
advantages.

rado