[Seaside] WATask, anyone?

SebastianHC sebastian_heidbrink at yahoo.de
Fri Sep 14 14:31:11 UTC 2012

Hi!

I'm currently starting a new project and it seems like Pharo and Seaside are
part of it.

I follow the community and did some prototyping since the early beginnings
of Seaside.

But there's one thing I'm really wondering about!
Why is WATask so rearly used and mentioned?
When the Seaside Sushistore Example App came out, I thought well, this is
it. Workflows can be done so easy with it.

Is there a reason why most current great Seaside-based Frameworks and Apps
avoid the usage of WATask?
Is it to unreliable? Difficult to debug? Difficult to keep track of changes?
Overkill?

Am I perhaps wrong? Are there some packages out there where somebody used
WATask excessively?

Any thoughts very appriciated!
Sebastian