[Seaside] WATask, anyone?

Tobias Pape Das.Linux at gmx.de
Fri Sep 14 15:15:04 UTC 2012

Am 14.09.2012 um 16:31 schrieb SebastianHC:

> Hi!
> […]
> Is there a reason why most current great Seaside-based Frameworks and Apps
> avoid the usage of WATask?
> Is it to unreliable? Difficult to debug? Difficult to keep track of changes?
> Overkill?
>
> Am I perhaps wrong? Are there some packages out there where somebody used
> WATask excessively?

Well, It is used in the Seaside Tutorial at
http://www.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/hirschfeld/seaside/tutorial
especially in the "Task and Sessions" part.

I used it to create an Installer for SqueakSource 3.

Also, I know of some students having it used for most
their Seaside applications. These are unavailable to
public, tho.

Best
	-Tobias
PS: I like WATask. It is the killer feature of Seaside for me.