[Seaside] Catching exceptions

Joachim Tuchel jtuchel at objektfabrik.de
Mon Jan 7 12:43:51 UTC 2013

Hi Norbert,

thanks for answering.

In fact, what you describe is what WAApplication>>#exceptionHandler: does:

exceptionHandler: anExceptionHandlerClass
| theFilter |
theFilter := self filters
detect: [ :ea | ea isExceptionFilter ]
ifNone: [ self addFilter: WAExceptionFilter new ].

theFilter configuration at: #exceptionHandler put: anExceptionHandlerClass

So, yes, I did ;-)

I have another suspicion: VA Smalltalk has once had (and still supports
it) an instance based exception system, and maybe the exceptions that do
not get caught are such exception based ones... I'll investigate this a
little further and let you know what I find out.

Joachim