[Seaside] KomHttpServer on SqueakMap

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 13:21:41 UTC 2013

>> Yes, this can be changed.  The original authors appear to have moved
>> on from the community, I thought a break from their original version
>> number series might be appropriate.  When it came time to decided,
>> "4.4" seemed reasonable enough since the goal right now is for it
>> simply to be available in latest Squeak.  I'm open to alternatives.
>
> Comanche was first written by Bolot Kerimbaev (just found him on Facebook
> the other day btw), but then extensively rewritten by Stephen Pair, who once
> in a while may appear on the lists, but is not active.
>
> Since then me and Giovanni Corriga have more or less just "watched over it",
> and lately Giovanni only.

Well ... the ready made Seaside images used a trimmed down version of
Kom (KomHttpLight) that removes all the unnecessary stuff from Kom and
that fixes various serious security issues. I discussed this with
Giovanni in London about 3 years ago, and we decided that this was the
easiest way forward since nobody wanted to fix the real thing.

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch