[Seaside] Re: [Seaside-dev] WABuilder and Render Context

Maximilian Bareis max.bareis at me.com
Tue Aug 26 13:57:14 UTC 2014

Am 26.08.2014 um 13:21 schrieb phil at highoctane.be:

> On Tue, Aug 26, 2014 at 1:08 PM, Maximilian Bareis <max.bareis at me.com> wrote:
> Am 25.08.2014 um 18:44 schrieb phil at highoctane.be:
>

> Additional question: what's the best way to get svg figures reflect the state of the model at the backend?

Hi Phil,

I have moved the discussion to seaside general as it is no dev discussion anymore.

this strongly depends on the complexity of your model and the available bandwidth. One thing is for sure, there is currently no real server push and no working synchronous websocket.

This means it is alwas client-pull.
- You can optimize on the client-side by implementing if-modified-since request in the header and 304 replies on the server side.
- Check the model changes on a low level (high granularity) to ensure only to pull the infos you actually need.

Thats just a short quick collection of topics to check. But this discussion is now more for