Opal compilation [WAS] Re: [Seaside] Re: Pharo 3 / Seaside 3.1 - development time error

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 13:11:20 UTC 2014

Ok...I can reproduce it. The difference between Pharo 3.0 and 2.0 is likely
that in 3.0 we have the new Opal compiler. If I debug your problem, it
seems Opal is not able to even parse the method. It fails with
a SyntaxErrorNotification. Example:

Variable or expression expected -> renderContentOn: html
self wasShown
ifTrue: [ ^ self ].
self messageString
ifNotNil: [
self messageType = 'error'
ifTrue: [
html tbsAlert
beDanger;
with: [ html text: self messageString ] ].
self messageType = 'info'
ifTrue: [
html tbsAlert
beInfo;
with: [ html text: self messageString ] ].
self messageType = 'success'
ifTrue: [
html tbsAlert
beSuccess;
with: [ html text: self messageString ] ].
].
self wasShown: true

Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com