[Seaside] Seaside as a General Purpose GUI

Pavel Krivanek squeak3 at continentalbrno.cz
Thu Nov 13 17:55:29 UTC 2014

For a long time the Firefox is internally only a XULRunner
application. So XULRunner developmnet goes hand in hand with Firefox
progress. It may not last forever but to change it would require major
changes and break Firefox modularity.
On the other hand, FirefoxOS has no or very limited XUL support so
there is a question if the desktop versions of Firefox will not go
this way in (far) future.

But for now, XULRunner works, Phobos works, it's quite easy to use and
for some kind of applications it's ideal choice. And probably will be
as long as desktops will be relevant ;-)

Cheers,
-- Pavel