[Seaside] greaseString on ScaledDecimal

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 14:26:50 UTC 2015

On Mon, Jun 15, 2015 at 8:13 PM, Dale Henrichs
<dale.henrichs at gemtalksystems.com> wrote:

> On 06/02/2015 12:00 AM, Johan Brichau wrote:
>
> Hey Dale,
>
> Creating a fork will be the way to go. I think it’s clearer to follow the
> same pattern everywhere.
> I intend this to be applicable for Seaside 3.2 and beyond.
>
> Makes sense ...
>

> My intention is to get Seaside 3.2 for Gemstone working by ESUG. For that, I
> will start from the Seaside31 repo on GsDevKit and merge in the changes from
> Seaside3.2
>
> Let me know if there's anything you need help with .. I'd like to help where
> I can, but I don't want to get in your way ... at a minimum, I will make
> sure that this works in GemStone3.3 when it's ready enough for that ...

Just to give you an advance notice, I merged the following:

https://github.com/SeasideSt/Seaside/issues/262
https://github.com/SeasideSt/Seaside/issues/820

#820 should simplify several things in GemStone/S, #262 will probably
need changes. In theory WACache should specify the whole protocol and
WADictionaryCache is an implementation that doesn't do any reaping.
Likely GemStone/S would profit from something more sophisticated.
Stuff will likely be broken for the whole week.

Cheers
Philippe