[Seaside] greaseString on ScaledDecimal

Dale Henrichs dale.henrichs at gemtalksystems.com
Mon Jul 13 17:07:24 UTC 2015

On 07/12/2015 07:26 AM, Philippe Marschall wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 15, 2015 at 8:13 PM, Dale Henrichs
> <dale.henrichs at gemtalksystems.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 06/02/2015 12:00 AM, Johan Brichau wrote:
>>
>> Hey Dale,
>>
>> Creating a fork will be the way to go. I think it’s clearer to follow the
>> same pattern everywhere.
>> I intend this to be applicable for Seaside 3.2 and beyond.
>>
>> Makes sense ...
>>

>> My intention is to get Seaside 3.2 for Gemstone working by ESUG. For that, I
>> will start from the Seaside31 repo on GsDevKit and merge in the changes from
>> Seaside3.2
>>
>> Let me know if there's anything you need help with .. I'd like to help where
>> I can, but I don't want to get in your way ... at a minimum, I will make
>> sure that this works in GemStone3.3 when it's ready enough for that ...
> Just to give you an advance notice, I merged the following:
>
> https://github.com/SeasideSt/Seaside/issues/262
> https://github.com/SeasideSt/Seaside/issues/820
>
> #820 should simplify several things in GemStone/S, #262 will probably
> need changes. In theory WACache should specify the whole protocol and
> WADictionaryCache is an implementation that doesn't do any reaping.
> Likely GemStone/S would profit from something more sophisticated.
> Stuff will likely be broken for the whole week.

Cool ... I've started watching the SeasideSt/Seaside repo, but just in
case I miss the ultimate checkin, let me know ...

I've got some things in the hopper for Seaside and GemStone/S 3.3[1] .
The current work is being done in 3.2, but I think 3.3 will be more
appropriate and I can piggy back the adaptation of your work for
GemStone/S with the integration of my new work ...

Dale

[1] https://github.com/GsDevKit/Seaside31/tree/no_tranlogging