[Seaside] greaseString on ScaledDecimal

Dale Henrichs dale.henrichs at gemtalksystems.com
Mon Jun 15 18:13:12 UTC 2015

On 06/02/2015 12:00 AM, Johan Brichau wrote:
> Hey Dale,
>
> Creating a fork will be the way to go. I think it’s clearer to follow
> the same pattern everywhere.
> I intend this to be applicable for Seaside 3.2 and beyond.
Makes sense ...

> My intention is to get Seaside 3.2 for Gemstone working by ESUG. For
> that, I will start from the Seaside31 repo on GsDevKit and merge in
> the changes from Seaside3.2
Let me know if there's anything you need help with .. I'd like to help
where I can, but I don't want to get in your way ... at a minimum, I
will make sure that this works in GemStone3.3 when it's ready enough for
that ...

> I’m more puzzled on how to approach Grease. The
> https://github.com/SeasideSt/Grease repo works for all platforms and
> ideally the GsDevKit repo is a fork of this one, but that will disturb
> a lot of Metacello loads… so I think I will not touch that one for now.

Are there differences between the two in terms of packaging/structure?
Or is mainly the comit stream that you are thinking of?

Dale