[Seaside] Accepting input from parent & child components

Mark Bratcher mdbratch at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 23:39:30 UTC 2015

Hello

I have a WAComponent that displays some input fields, and it renders a
child component that displays additional, related input fields. For
example, if I'm having the user edit an invoice, there are general items
on the invoice (like special terms of payment, etc) and then there are
invoice line items, which are rendered and input via a subcomponent.

The parent input fields and subcomponent input fields are within the
same html `form`. However, when I click the submit button (done at the
parent level), only the input items rendered by the parent are
recognized. Any inputs provided by the user through the embedded,
rendered subcomponent are ignored.

I bought and have been reading Dynamic Web Development With Seaside, but
it does not address this case.

Is it possible to do what I'm attempting to do?

Thank you
Mark