[Seaside] What does this error mean?

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Mon Jul 31 09:04:30 UTC 2017

On Fri, Jul 28, 2017 at 7:07 PM, Johan Brichau <johan at inceptive.be> wrote:
> David,
>
> I think you will need to provide a bit more of the stacktrace to know what is going wrong.
> Seems like you are sending `javascript:` directly to a stream; so we need to know what is going on where.
>
> I do find it strange that you need to restart your Smalltalk image for this. This should be an error for a single Seaside session and not blocking..
> Though, I must say, I am not a VAST user.

I believe I know what the issue is:

GrDelegatingStream >> #javascript: is in *javascript-pharo20-core
likely this method is missing in the VASt port. However I believe the
real issue is that the method should be in *javascript-core

David, as a work around can you add this method to GrDelegatingStream
and see if that fixes your issue:

javascript: anObject
    anObject javascriptOn: self

Cheers