[Seaside] Antwort: Re: Seaside and Pharo 6: Problem with Umlauts?

Johan Brichau johan at inceptive.be
Mon Jun 12 18:47:04 UTC 2017

Hi Dietmar,

> Now I can start the server via Seaside Control Panel. Great, thanks for fixing it so fast :-)

The working version of the package was there, it just was not in the Configuration.
Just to say: I just made the hard work of others visible :)

> Then I try to access the servers starting page I get a walk back with "Error: Improper store into indexable object".
>
> As I stated in my previous email, the reason is that the used stream does not support
>        #nextPutAll: with a Character as argument (and crlf too).
>
> Thats why WAResppnse>>writeAStatusOn:
> crashes in the first line with
>        nextPut: $ ;
>
> Because I downloaded all freshly without changing anything I can't imagine, what I could have done to mess this up.
> A have the stack trace atached to this email.
> Maybe you have an idea?

Ok, I notice you are using the ZnZincStreamingServerAdaptor.
So, that does not seem to work.

Try the ZnZincServerAdaptor, that one works.

Do you require a streaming server?

I’ll poke around to see if this is supposed to work…

Johan