[Seaside] Problem with visited links

Esteban A. Maringolo emaringolo at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 11:44:08 UTC 2017

> You can also keep reference of the visited ‘pages' in the session state and
> generate the anchors with a css class to color them yellow.
> For example, if the links are in a menu component, you can keep the already
> visited menu items in the session state and render the menu items
> differently using that information.

This... or avoid using different colors for visited and unvisited
links, which makes totally sense in the context of hypertext documents
(e.g. Wikipedia like) but not in web applications (e.g. for a menu).

> I think that would be easier than hand-crafting the urls, unless you
> implement a complete ‘Seaside-Router’ package, which would be very
> interesting of course.

I've been thinking about something similar for a while, but isn't the
current "routing like" resolution done by the Session/Components
lookup?
It would involve a rewrite of the whole lookup. Maybe food for thought
for 4.0? :)

Regards!

Esteban A. Maringolo