[Seaside] Creating an admin section

Paul DeBruicker pdebruic at gmail.com
Sat Jun 22 20:44:27 UTC 2019

I usually just make a subclass of my user class e.g. MySuperUser class and
just add the admin stuff to a component in my app thats only shown to those
users, generally accessed in the footer of the HTML document.  Rather than
making a separate app.

In that way I can
 - reuse all the account management stuff I have already
 - I only have one nginx configuration to manage
 - the page is already styled like & behaves like the rest of the app
 - I can expose beta functionality in the app to MySuperUser class users
 -  and I can "become" regular app users to see whats going on in an account
if something is weird for a user without having to authenticate as them in
some other way.

A separate app seems fine though too if you prefer.

Kind of depends on what you want to do as admin I guess.  And I'm sure there
are things I'd like to do if I only knew.

sergio_101 wrote

--
Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Seaside-General-f86180.html