Gjallar brainstorm (was Re: [Setools] Gjallar (previously known as Q2) next steps!)

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Fri Aug 4 08:50:33 UTC 2006

Hi!

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?St=E9phane_Ducasse?= <stephane.ducasse at univ-savoie.fr>
wrote:
> Thanks goran
>
> Can you give me one example of what is a process, an issue and a case
>
> Process: managing bug fixes
> Issue: ...
> Case: ...

Sure. Just as you write above a Process could be "managing bug fixes".
An administrator creates this Process in an existing Gjallar
installation (which might already have 10 other Processes and 200
existing users) and then gives a subset of the existing users access to
it. The other users will not even see that it exists.

The administrator also assigns one or more of those users as being the
administrators of this Process.

Then people can create cases in the process, either by sending email to
it (which anyone can do regardless of access - if they know the email
address to use) or by logging into the web UI and click on "create
case". If a user has access to multiple Processes he will then be
offered a drop down list in which he must first select the Process to
create the case in.

One important note: "Case" and "Issue" is the same thing. In the
documentation and code of Gjallar we use the term "Case" but in the
general industry the term "Issue" is more common. This is of course due
to terminology at the customer.

regards, Göran