[Setools] Gjallar 0.3 on Mac

Göran Krampe goran at krampe.se
Tue Nov 28 08:59:46 UTC 2006

Hi Brian!

> Hello all!
>
> I fixed the GraphViz issues on the Mac, but Monticello thinks
> everything has changed... :-(
>
> So how would you like to get these changes?

In any shape or form! :) You have write access to the repo right? Save
some MC snapshots and I will look at merging.

> Most everything else is working wonderfully - I have been playing
> with notifications and added SMTP auth support for sending out
> issues, but my mail server always complains with this error message:

"added SMTP auth support for sending out issues"... Can you elaborate?
Sending out "issues"?

I thought we had SMTP auth working (after those small fixes to SMTPClient
etc) which I think is included in the basefixes changeset.

Btw, two things off the top of my head if anyone is interested:

- We need to send a confirmation email (with a link to the created case)
when people create cases by sending in email.

- We need to verify that the case hyperlink added to notification emails
actually works. I added that very late in the game and AFAIK never got
around actually testing it! Oops. Anyone know if it works?

> 2006-11-27T16:56:58+01:00 - error(3): Error when sending email:
> TelnetProtocolError: 501 NULL characters are not allowed in SMTP
> commands (Q2MailSender class)
>
> Anyone have any thoughts on that?
>
> Brian

Never seen that one, dunno.