[Setools] Process - Case Relation

Hans N Beck hnbeck at t-online.de
Mon Oct 2 18:35:17 UTC 2006

Hi Herbert,

Am 27.09.2006 um 21:09 schrieb Herbert König:

> Hello,
>

> Htod> One could argue that taking a case from onprocess to
> Htod> another is like setting it at the very beginning of the
> Htod> newprocess.
>
> but keeping the history with a hint to the old process.

I don't think so, because I only think for input errors of humans. To
keep a history of this I belive has very small value. And it would be
really the question if such process switching should be possible as a
normal use case.... If you have an example for a case where such
would make sense :-).............

> And let's think a bit further, we might make a semiautomatic transfer
> (user assigns stages between old an new process). This could make it
> possible to get obsolete processes out of the system.

You think for an translation of processes ? Or more in the direction
of evolution of processes ? But from my experience, it could be
deadly complicated if all could be changed. So from this I see these
different things we must look in gjallar:

- input errors which may have no history
- evolution of things which have a small transition and history
- create things from building blocks and no history

Greetings

Hans

BTW Herbert, do you have tried to send a big file to the list ? I got
a bomb of many notifies about it...;-)