[Setools] Running Gjallar on Linux

Göran Krampe goran at krampe.se
Tue Feb 6 10:15:07 UTC 2007

Hi Keith!

> I am not having a smooth ride,

Sorry, just recall that we are on 0.3 and that Linux is brand new. :)

> For the most part I havent got a clue what is or is not going on.

I should give documentation a real stab when I get time.

> The first definite error I found is when trying to recreate the database.
>
> Its trying to delete this file and failing:
>
> ./attachements/11/Bl??a kullar.jpg

Ok, the third letter in that filename is a swedish character (a-ring).
Obviously something goes wrong somewhere in the filename chain that works
fine on win32. You can find all interesting methods by selecting "kullar"
and press alt-shift-E. ("Blå kullar" means "Blue hills")

To avoid this you can use #recreateSimpleDatabase (which doesn't create
any test cases and only a trivial Process) instead of
#recreateTestDatabase (which creates 12 test cases, including some
attachments).

Sorry that I can't give more info right now, I am at work.

regards, Göran