[Setools] Gjallar: Form import

Göran Krampe goran at krampe.se
Mon Feb 12 10:32:07 UTC 2007

Hi!

> In Q2Model>loadSampleData there is the following line:
>  p1 importForms: (forms last: 1).

Which actually seems bogus to me now that I debugged it. :)

> But there is few lines before:
> pr2 loadDevelopment.
>
> So the form created for development is imported in the support process?

Ehm, well, it goes like this:

#forms holds the global forms in Q2Model. There are only three out of the
box: default create case form, default edit case form and default table
case form

The first two of these are copied when a new Process prototype is created
and also when a new Process is created by copying a Process prototype. The
third one though is actually imported into the prototype when the
prototype (pr1) is created and thus also imported into the Process created
(p1).

Ok, a bit complex - but the fact is that the line you mention doesn't do
anything because that Form is already imported. The form in question is
the "table case form" which is the Form used to render the tables of
cases. Each field in the form represents one column in the table so we use
Forms not only for editing in a form like UI but also for our tables.

As it stands now this table is global and shared by all Process prototypes
and Processes.

regards, Göran