[Setools] Re: MagmaReadStrategies

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jun 15 14:02:00 UTC 2007

Dear Chris,

I have had a go at writing a some server side facilities, such as a
server managed counter. I wondered whether you would be able to help
me/tell me how I put persistence on the back of it.

The counter example code is in http://mc.gjallar.se/  in the
Q2-Server-Request project

I was going to use this as a means of having server persisted read
strategies as well, i.e. you do a servr request to get the named read
strategy before accessing the db properly. Also you could then tell the
server what read strategy to use by reference rather than by sending all
the data.

I have lots of ideas but for now it would just be useful to have the
counters persisted in the db files so that they get backed up etc.

many thansk in advance

Keith