[Setools] Re: MagmaReadStrategies

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 15:34:31 UTC 2007

Yeah, I'll have to think about this myself.  One way would be to have
a limited number of counters, allocated as special
"primitiveAttributes" on MaObjectFiler.  Requests are handled
serially, so they could increment/decrement them as needed..  But I
hope we'll find a more general approach than that.

As for the ReadStrategies; did you know the server already caches them
for each session?  So the data is only sent whenever the strategy is
changed.  Also, the data is farily minimal in size (for the purpose of
performance), so its serialized form it isn't much bigger than a
reference anyway.  I'd proably like to see some performance
measurements before making this more complex..

Thanks for stimulating discussion about these ideas!