[Setools] Gjallar and latest seaside code submitted

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Tue May 29 02:47:40 UTC 2007

Dear All,

I am pleased to announce that the building script can now run without
human intervention needed. It auto-answers any questions that packages
may ask on installation.

With a little help from Installer, the script has been written without
any variables, so as to be easily runnable in a workspace, bit by bit or
as a whole. This is a really good resource to have in a workspace, for
quickly updating packages if they change, simply select the lines in the
script for that package and execute them. The script is (hopefully)
readable enough for you to get a good idea of the context of each
package, the order of install etc.

To run the script from the command line, instructions are given in the
Readme files in dist/scripts

My working repository for the gjallar build scripts is being served at:
http://squeak.warwick.st:8002/newgjallar

On demo.gjallar.se, there is a built image in
/home/gjallar/keith/gjallar , this working copy is a clone from
hg.gjallar.se + a pull from the above repository. When we are satisfied
with the scripts the push can be made back to hg.gjallar.se.

Minor Bug: The script sets the seaside/config user/password to
seaside/seaside

At present the build from the scripts, includes the latest seaside, but
not a Gjallar release that can use it. This is because the script loads
the most recent gk edition, you will need (or need to merge) the latest
kph version from the MC repository.

I hope that is enough to get everyone started with Seaside2.7a1 latest

best regards

Keith

----------

 From Q2v0.4-kph.263

(found the missing methods - the men in white coats had them)
WADispatcher allInstances
- Q2Session initialize callse super
- Q2Canvas has key and allocateKey, I couldnt see any reason why these
should be in WACanvaRenderer
- WAAnchorTag text: deprecated in favour of with: (silly I think but
this gets rid of the red deprecated sign in the tool bar)
- WATagBrush-tabIndex is now included in Seaside, recategorised this
method as an override see method comment for details.
- Added Q2MacOSSwishEWrapper, www.darwinports.com installs at default
path of /opt/local/bin/swish-e

- Added 'Magma seaside' has potential for the future.
- Added Q2MagmaLocalLocation being a database location that is defined
in the ini file, thus being chooseable but not editable in
seaside/config whereas MagmaLocalLocation represents a database
configurable by setting the path, as can be set in seaside/config.

Although Q2Session ignores the WAMagmaConfiguration setting but
MagmaControl panel can use it to access the gjallar repository since it
knows nothing about gjallar.