[Setools] Gjallar and latest seaside code submitted

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Tue May 29 09:45:25 UTC 2007

Hi Keith!

Keith Hodges <keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I am pleased to announce that the building script can now run without
> human intervention needed. It auto-answers any questions that packages
> may ask on installation.

Great!

> With a little help from Installer, the script has been written without
> any variables, so as to be easily runnable in a workspace, bit by bit or
> as a whole. This is a really good resource to have in a workspace, for
> quickly updating packages if they change, simply select the lines in the
> script for that package and execute them. The script is (hopefully)
> readable enough for you to get a good idea of the context of each
> package, the order of install etc.

Sounds nice - I will try it ASAP.

> To run the script from the command line, instructions are given in the
> Readme files in dist/scripts
>
> My working repository for the gjallar build scripts is being served at:
> http://squeak.warwick.st:8002/newgjallar
>
> On demo.gjallar.se, there is a built image in
> /home/gjallar/keith/gjallar , this working copy is a clone from
> hg.gjallar.se + a pull from the above repository. When we are satisfied
> with the scripts the push can be made back to hg.gjallar.se.

Mmmm, ok... how about I do this:

- Exclude the image/changes files from the repo. Make a zip available at
www.gjallar.se with prebuilt image on the side.
- I will pull your stuff into my local repo. Then I will create a new
repo from scratch at hg.gjallar.se so that we get rid of the large
changesets with images in them.

> Minor Bug: The script sets the seaside/config user/password to
> seaside/seaside
>
> At present the build from the scripts, includes the latest seaside, but
> not a Gjallar release that can use it. This is because the script loads
> the most recent gk edition, you will need (or need to merge) the latest
> kph version from the MC repository.

I will merge ASAP.

> I hope that is enough to get everyone started with Seaside2.7a1 latest

Sounds great!

> best regards
>
> Keith

regards, Göran