[SoC] Squeak Mentor Summit?

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Tue Apr 1 22:54:30 UTC 2008

Thanks Klaus,

In the interest of expediency I believe I'll just go ahead and announce
3 times slots for this week and depending on how it goes we can talk
about what to do in the future.

The interest in these particular meetings of course is to discuss and
support student applications prior to the deadline so the students have
some opportunity to adjust their application if and as needed.

I'm going to make these two hour meetings but that does not mean you
shouldn't come if you can't be there for the entire 2 hours, the point
of what I'm doing is to be as accomodating as reasonably possible.

Matthew Fulmer and I are both on #squeak fairly regularly and are fairly
active in supporting students there.  So one of my intentions is to
schedule these so that one if not both of us can attend each meeting in
its entirety.

Again, to be accomodating I and Matthew will be on both IRC (#squeak on
irc.freenode.net, my nickname is kencausey and Matthew's is matthewf)
and Skype (my Skype username is kencausey and Matthew's is
matthew.fulmer).  That's not because I want to have two seperate streams
of conversation, but I want to avoid excluding anyone.  Please use the
IRC channel if at all possible and only use Skype if you can't access
IRC.  If you have to use Skype just text me, don't try to actually
initiate a voice call.  Then I can invite you to a group chat or
whatever.  Of course if I don't respond, be sure to try Matthew.

So here is the schedule for this week (all times in UTC):

Wednesday April 2nd, 15:00 UTC to 17:00 UTC

Saturday April 5th, 15:00 UTC to 17:00 UTC

Monday April 7th, 22:00 UTC to 0:00 UTC - This is the last two hours of
the application acceptance period, so this is an opportunity to maybe
respond to last minute student jitters.

Please try to attend as many of these as you can.

Thank you,

Ken