[SoC] Voting policy

Matthew Fulmer tapplek at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 14:42:21 UTC 2008

Now that the voting period has begun, I think we should create a
few voting policies. I voted and commented on every application,
so you can use what I did as an example. Here are the rough
guidelines I tried to follow:

- I voted on every project with an interested mentor
- I gave between +4 and -1 for enthusiasm
- I gave between +4 and 1 for project benefit to squeak (a project can
  never have non-positive utility)
- I gave between 0 and -3 for misc deductions, such as:
  - The project is too big: -2
  - The project is not described well enough, or too research-y:
    -1
  - The student is overqualified: -1 or -2

Overall, my cumulative votes fell between +6 and -1.