[SoC] freeCAD port to Croquet

Aik-Siong Koh askoh at askoh.com
Wed Apr 9 15:28:49 UTC 2008

Thank you for all the comments and I will respond to all in this post.

I started freeCAD: 3D CAD with Motion Simulation in 1999 using VisualWorks
Smalltalk and have done quite a lot with it.
http://ar-cad.com
It was only in June 2007 that I had three students in Multimedia
University, Malaysia to port freeCAD to Croquet for their final year
projects. Working together Phua and Chai achieved the following:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oG_bNp9raxc
I am very pleased with this, as are others in the Croquet world.

For GSoC, Phua proposes to port all the CAD and Simulation capabilities in
freeCAD into Croquet. Chai proposes to EXTEND freeCAD/Croquet to create
free-form shapes using NURBS which is the state of the art for shape
creation.
http://rhino3d.com/
On hindsight, they should have used different project titles.

All the best,
Aik-Siong Koh