[SoC] Congratulations to Our Students!

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Tue Apr 22 16:51:50 UTC 2008

Well, with some help from Chip Mefford I've managed to fix the problem
with the SOC mailing list, at least for now.  So while it's working
again I believe I will take this opportunity to congratulate the
students who were granted slots by Google.

Luigi Panzeri
Francois Stephany
Gwenaël Casaccio
Phua Khai Fong
Cédrick Beler

You guys put forth the effort to write up good applications and
communicate your willingness to work.  Well now you won the right to
work, go to it!  Details of the accepted applications can be found at

http://code.google.com/soc/2008/squeak/about.html

For those students who were not accepted, do not give up.  ESUG is
hosting a similar projects called SummerTalk where you have another
opportunity to apply for sponsorship for developing Squeak related
software.  Hopefully an ESUG member will follow up this message with
more details.

You students who were accepted: You have a little break before the
official work period starts, but I strongly suggest you avail yourselves
of this time to get up to speed, particularly if you are new to Squeak
and Smalltalk.  Make liberal use of this mailingglist as well as the
other mailing lists such as squeak-dev, beginners, and any lists
specific to your project area.  Also feel free to come by #squeak or
#croquet on irc.freenode.net and chat with mentors or others who can
help you get past rough spots.  We also have a blog where students can
share their progress with others, details on that soon.

Congratulations!

Ken