[SoC] Congratulations to Our Students!

stephane ducasse stephane.ducasse at free.fr
Tue Apr 22 18:17:34 UTC 2008

> with the SOC mailing list, at least for now.  So while it's working
> again I believe I will take this opportunity to congratulate the
> students who were granted slots by Google.
>
> Luigi Panzeri
> Francois Stephany
> Gwenaël Casaccio
> Phua Khai Fong
> Cédrick Beler

Excellent news. Congrats guys!

> You guys put forth the effort to write up good applications and
> communicate your willingness to work.  Well now you won the right to
> work, go to it!  Details of the accepted applications can be found at
>
> http://code.google.com/soc/2008/squeak/about.html
>
> For those students who were not accepted, do not give up.  ESUG is
> hosting a similar projects called SummerTalk where you have another
> opportunity to apply for sponsorship for developing Squeak related
> software.  Hopefully an ESUG member will follow up this message with
> more details.

I'm that ESUG member :)

I will set up a new page (following: http://www.esug.org/promotionactions/summertalk2007/)

ESUG will sponsor 5 or 6 projects. You will get 2500 Euros.

Now I would like you to send to me your projects. The board will then
vote.
Now what is really important is that you get a mentor (which should be
comitted to mentor you).