[SoC] Re: GSoC Report - last weeks

Luigi Panzeri matley at muppetslab.org
Tue Aug 12 01:24:41 UTC 2008

Sorry, I was in vacation in the last weeks, and I could not check my
mail. These are the last work done on Safara:

* A lot of minor code refactoring (suggested by my mentor).

* Major Refactoring. Commands now are self contained, (so they can be
  sent over a wire) in order to allow collaborative editing

* Layers represents just grouping of commands and bindings to
  gestures. The extended application state (specific to each command)
  is saved in an IdentityDictionary in SAEditor.

* An extension developer can execute actions before and after a
  command execution through announcements. If Command SACmdFoo is
  executed, two announcement are announced. SAAboutToExecuteFoo and
  SAExecutedFoo are announced before and after the command execution
  respectively. If the latter announcement classes are not found,
  SAAboutTExecuteCommand and SAExecutedCommand are used instead.

* Minor updates on the UI