[SoC] Re : GSoC report - final week

cdrick cdrick65 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 14:20:45 UTC 2008

Hi,

Last week was quite dense :)

- we now have first order inference working (Inheritance squeak -->
smalltalk) and similarity (<-> animal <-> creature)
-I improved the seaside interface (still plenty of ideas, especially:
-- make the memory an object (class side now) so that one can has his
own memory sandbox
-- use a parameter to set up the number of reasoning cycle to run
-- improve the ergonomy (waiting pages, highlights elements...)
-- item and entity explorer
-- etc, etc...
-set up a seasidehosting account (http://nars.seasidehosting.st (one
glabal memory)

I think the app is done for GSoC. I hope soon to continue. How I see
the next year is:
-some improvments (bug fixes, some cleaning), -coumpound term and
associated inference
-Then, refactoring in the aim to better dispatch treatments, inference
rules dispatch, etc...

I won't be able to start these tasks before november. Meanwhile I'll
just do small changes, fixes... I'll probably spend some time on it at
ESUG though.

Now, just thank you all ! Without beeing selected I won't have made
this great experience. I hope soon, some people will find some
interest in this system but I guess it's a bit too early to imagine it
as "productive". When a bit cleaner (and some design direction
chosen), I'll open a squeaksource account so that anybody interested
can join. If people are already interested, they can contact Klaus or
myself.

Again, thanks a lot. This has been a really cool experience :)

Cheers,
Cédrick