[SoC] Re: Let the coding begin!

cdrick cdrick65 at gmail.com
Wed May 28 15:03:06 UTC 2008

Hi all,

Concerning the squeak port of OpenNARS (http://code.google.com/p/open-nars/),
here is some information....

1) did you do anything in the weeks before this? if yes, what?

I mainly read the underlying theory the system is built on...
http://nars.wang.googlepages.com/nars%3Apublication

I've especially read the book Rigid Flexibility (
http://www.springer.com/west/home/computer/artificial?SGWID=4-147-22-173659733-0
)

I've started reading the Java code to identify where to start.

I also started a wiki to keep notes and others remarks
http://www.squeakside.com/seaside/pier/cdrick/NARS/
I'll probably setup a proper wiki later.

> 2) what do plan to do this week?

Quite busy this week.

But, I will start to think about the package structure we want to have
knowing what's stable and what's under refactoring (
http://www.squeakside.com/seaside/pier/cdrick/NARS/Java+code). Then I'll
open a repository and start coding...

> 3) what can possibly stand in the way of your work?

Finishing my phd dissertation :)
Will end in June - Last chapter underway and then corrections in June. So
the coding pace will be moderate in June.

See you all,

Cédrick