Squeak in the news

wirth at almaden.ibm.com wirth at almaden.ibm.com
Fri Dec 18 23:35:56 UTC 1998

Tim Rowledge said:
>>    Rowledge, who said that IBM has also been tinkering with Squeak, ...

>but THIS is nonsense. I said no such thing.  I don't even know what IBM
might
>be doing with Squeak.
>
>Aargh. Journalists!

Hmm... Well I'm in IBM (a rather large company, so maybe I can be forgiven
for not knowing what all my associates are doing).  And despite my strong
interest, my work with Squeak thus far "has not risen to a level" (to
borrow a common phrase of late :-) beyond tinkering.  Perhaps with the
motivation of my current project and some free time over the next couple
weeks, I can rise to a higher standard :-)  I'm looking forward to it.

Holiday greetings and happy squeaking to all,

Mike Wirth
IBM Almaden Research Center

PS: BTW, our Internet email gateway was down for the last two days, in case
any of you sent mail specifically to me. (I'll check the archives for
mailing list traffic.)